Preserve Star Fruit
Star fruit or five-corner fruit can be preserved for eating later and for use in cooking; just follow the method provided here.
- Wash the star fruit.
- Cut off the rough edges of the fruit. Cut the remaining flesh of the star fruit into small chunks.
- Purée the fruit pieces. Pour the purée into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Remove the frozen cubes and place into an airtight freezer bag. Label, date and store for later use.
- Use the purée. The purée can be used in many ways, including:
- Fruit salad
- Chilled mousses.
- Star fruit is also known as carambola.
Things You'll Need
- Knife and cutting board
- Blender or food processor
- Ice cube trays
- Sealable plastic bag