Preserve Star Fruit
Star fruit or five-corner fruit can be preserved for eating later and for use in cooking; just follow the method provided here.
- Wash the star fruit.
- Cut off the rough edges of the fruit. Cut the remaining flesh of the star fruit into small chunks.
- Purée the fruit pieces. Pour the purée into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Remove the frozen cubes and place into an airtight freezer bag. Label, date and store for later use.
- Use the purée. The purée can be used in many ways, including:
- Fruit salad
- Chilled mousses.
- Star fruit is also known as carambola.
Things You'll Need
- Knife and cutting board
- Blender or food processor
- Ice cube trays
- Sealable plastic bag
Related Tips and Steps
Looking for more information
If you want more information on Preserve Star Fruit?
Type Preserve Star Fruit into the search box below.
Results will be shown below.
Wikihow - Preserve Star Fruit
Ehow - Preserve Star Fruit