I love him, but not his kids
As she will tell you, the best-kept secret of step-parenting is that just because you fall for your partner, it doesn't mean you'll take to their children.
The truth is, you're more likely not to. One wonders why it is such a crime to admit to such a universal reality?
We're not supposed to unconditionally love our partner's parents, after all, so why should their offspring be a different matter?
As step-families are the fastest-rising family form we have, why is it so difficult to admit to the ambivalence so many of us experience daily?
Latest Wiki Entries
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings
- Unstick a Door