Set Color in Silk
From My wiki
If you have new silk items, it's a good idea to set the color before the first wash to prevent it running. This is easy to do following these steps.
- Dissolve a packet of Epsom salts into a tub of cold water.
- Rinse the silk item in the Epsom salts and water mixture.
- Wash the item separately in warm water for its first wash. The item should now be color set.
- Do each silk item that you have separately to avoid risking color bleeding between silk items.
Things You'll Need
- Packet of Epsom salts
- Cold water
- Warm water
- Silk item
Related Tips and Steps
Latest Wiki Entries
- Waldorf Salad
- How to Make Waldorf Salad
- Wash Your Hands
- Be a Good Parent
- Save Money
- How to care for infant mental health
- May 15 2016
- The Day I Realized I Am Jealous Of My Husband's Ex-Wife
- How to Avoid Becoming the Wicked Stepmother
- Introducing a new baby to a blended family
- I Come from a Blended Family