Set Color in Silk
If you have new silk items, it's a good idea to set the color before the first wash to prevent it running. This is easy to do following these steps.
- Dissolve a packet of Epsom salts into a tub of cold water.
- Rinse the silk item in the Epsom salts and water mixture.
- Wash the item separately in warm water for its first wash. The item should now be color set.
- Do each silk item that you have separately to avoid risking color bleeding between silk items.
Things You'll Need
- Packet of Epsom salts
- Cold water
- Warm water
- Silk item
Related Tips and Steps
WIN a Tassie holiday worth $8,000
Request your free interactive e-guide to discover the highlights of Tasmania. Plus, you’ll go into the draw to WIN a dream Tassie driving holiday package valued at over $8,000!
GRAND PRIZE INCLUDES:
- $1,500 Spirit of Tasmania gift voucher
- $5,000 spending money
- $1,000 Kathmandu gift card
- $500 BP petrol gift card
- GoPro camera
Enter to the draw to win a Tassie Driving Adventure