Access Gmail in Incredimail Desktop
From My wiki
Incredimail is fun and easy to use on your desktop. Now have your favorite web based email Gmail bring all your mail into Incredimail. By configuring your Gmail account, all you mail can be accessed via GMail which can then be accessed using Incredimail desktop Email program without having to configure each email address individually.
- This tutorial is based on a user having Incredimail downloaded on to their desktop and having a GMail account.
- Login to your GMail account
- In your GMail account click on Settings
- Click on Accounts and Import
- Click on the button that says 'Import from another address'
- Follow on screen instructions. Important TIP: make sure the imported emails from your other email address have to be enabled. E.G. for yahoo-Click Options-click Mail Options-in the general tab - click on POP & forwarding-click on SET-UP EDIT and Forwarding-made sure WEB & POP Access is enabled( if this does not work just type your GMail address into the Forwarding selection under it)
- Following on from importing your lets say yahoo mail ( configuring should work for other emails address as well) Open your Incredimail on your desktop
- Click on Tools - Accounts - Click on ADD - Make sure to Click on 'Let me Configure settings'
- In Incoming Email Server type: pop.gmail.com
- In Outgoing Email Server type: smtp.gmail.com
- Your UserName and PassWord and enable by ticking in the box: My Server requires authentication.
- In the Advance Tab in The Outgoing mail (SMTP) put in the numbers: 464 and tick box under it that says This server requires a secure connection
- In the Incoming Mail ( POP3) type int the number: 995 and tick box under it that says This server requires a secure connection.
- Usually good idea if you like, but its your preferences to tick on Delivery- leave a copy of messages on server and to tick on remove after a certain number of days - apply junk filter.
- Thats it. Make sure to log into your GMail account at least once a month to keep it active.
- IMPORTANT TIP : Before importing other email address into your GMail account make sure the POP forwarding is enabled. Other tips and tutorials are available on my website: www.lanpcs.net.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed