A cultural history of fidgeting
In fact, the compulsion to fiddle is so strong that through history humans have invented many technologies to keep our hands busy: mobile phones are just the most recent.
A group of friends gather around a table, sharing a meal but not talking, fiddling instead with their smartphone touchscreens.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed