6 things your pee can tell you
Centuries ago, doctors tasted their patients’ urine to diagnose diabetes.
If it was sweet, it meant the body wasn’t properly clearing away glucose.
Fortunately, we have more advanced — and much less gross — medical tests available today, but the ancient clinicians were on to something: Your pee is an excellent predictor of your health.
“Urine is a byproduct that includes fluids and other filtrates that come out of your body so it can tell you what’s going on inside,” says Tomas Griebling, vice chair of the department of urology at the University of Kansas.
Take a peek at your pee before you flush, and watch out for these six signs.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed