5 things that work for a cold
We've all been laid low with sneezing, a runny or blocked nose, a sore or scratchy throat, cough, low-grade fever, headache and aches and pains. And while colds are less severe than true flu or influenza, they can still make you thoroughly miserable.
Usually a cold lasts no more than 10 days, but it can trigger asthma, ear infections, sinus infections and a cough, and some of these can add extra weeks of illness.
Also colds are expensive; every year they cost the nation millions of dollars in doctor visits, medications and time off work.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed